Surah Ibrahim 25-52
Surah al-Ibrahim 14:28-52
28. Have you not seen those who have changed the Blessings of Allah into disbelief (by denying Prophet Muhammad and his Message of Islam), and caused their people to dwell in the house of destruction?
29. Hell, in which they will burn, – and what an evil place to settle in!
30. And they set up rivals to Allah, to mislead (men) from His Path! Say: “Enjoy (your brief life)! But certainly, your destination is the (Hell) Fire!”
31. Say (O Muhammad ) to ‘Ibadi (My slaves) who have believed, that they should perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and spend in charity out of the sustenance We have given them, secretly and openly, before the coming of a Day on which there will be neither mutual bargaining nor befriending.
32. Allah is He Who has created the heavens and the earth and sends down water (rain) from the sky, and thereby brought forth fruits as provision for you; and He has made the ships to be of service to you, that they may sail through the sea by His Command; and He has made rivers (also) to be of service to you.
33. And He has made the sun and the moon, both constantly pursuing their courses, to be of service to you; and He has made the night and the day, to be of service to you.
34. And He gave you of all that you asked for, and if you count the Blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them. Verily! Man is indeed an extreme wrong-doer, – a disbeliever (an extreme ingrate, denies Allah’s Blessings by disbelief, and by worshipping others besides Allah, and by disobeying Allah and His Prophet Muhammad ).
35. And (remember) when Ibrahim (Abraham) said: “O my Lord! Make this city (Makkah) one of peace and security, and keep me and my sons away from worshipping idols.
36. “O my Lord! They have indeed led astray many among mankind. But whoso follows me, he verily is of me. And whoso disobeys me, – still You are indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
37. “O our Lord! I have made some of my offspring to dwell in an uncultivable valley by Your Sacred House (the Ka’bah at Makkah); in order, O our Lord, that they may perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), so fill some hearts among men with love towards them, and (O Allah) provide them with fruits so that they may give thanks.
38. “O our Lord! Certainly, You know what we conceal and what we reveal. Nothing on the earth or in the heaven is hidden from Allah.
39. “All the praises and thanks be to Allah, Who has given me in old age Isma’il (Ishmael) and Ishaque (Isaac). Verily! My Lord is indeed the All-Hearer of invocations.
40. “O my Lord! Make me one who performs As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and (also) from my offspring, our Lord! And accept my invocation.
41. “Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and (all) the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established.”
42. Consider not that Allah is unaware of that which the Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers, etc.) do, but He gives them respite up to a Day when the eyes will stare in horror.
43. (They will be) hastening forward with necks outstretched, their heads raised up (towards the sky), their gaze returning not towards them and their hearts empty (from thinking because of extreme fear).
44. And warn (O Muhammad ) mankind of the Day when the torment will come unto them; then the wrong-doers will say: “Our Lord! Respite us for a little while, we will answer Your Call and follow the Messengers!” (It will be said): “Had you not sworn aforetime that you would not leave (the world for the Hereafter).
45. “And you dwelt in the dwellings of men who wronged themselves, and it was clear to you how We had dealt with them. And We put forth (many) parables for you.”
46. Indeed, they planned their plot, and their plot was with Allah, though their plot was a great (one, still) it would never be able to remove the mountains (real mountains or the Islamic law) from their places (as it is of no importance) [Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Vol. 2, Page 597]. [It is said by some interpreters regarding this Verse that the Quraish pagans plotted against Prophet Muhammad to kill him but they failed and were unable to carry out their plot which they plotted].
47. So think not that Allah will fail to keep His Promise to His Messengers. Certainly, Allah is All-Mighty, – All-Able of Retribution.
48. On the Day when the earth will be changed to another earth and so will be the heavens, and they (all creatures) will appear before Allah, the One, the Irresistible.
49. And you will see the Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism, polytheists, disobedient to Allah, etc.) that Day bound together in fetters; [Muqarranun in fetters; mean:- with their hands and feet tied to their necks with chains.]
50. Their garments will be of pitch, and fire will cover their faces.
51. That Allah may requite each person according to what he has earned. Truly, Allah is Swift at reckoning.
52. This (Qur’an) is a Message for mankind (and a clear proof against them), in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is the only One Ilah (God – Allah) – (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah), and that men of understanding may take heed.